Strategy depending on Gauge Status
Your gauge as well as your opponent’s gauge status can be an important standard when determining a strategy!
If you have lots of White Damage…
- You may want to wait until your White Damage has recovered completely before lunging for an attack!
If your opponent has lots of White Damage…
- Use MP Skills to deplete their White Damage before they have the chance to recover!
- Alternatively, you can aim to increase their White Damage for additional pressure.
If you are running low on MP…
- Hold out until your MP recovers completely.
- Or further pressure your opponent by using an MP skill that uses more MP than you have remaining.
If your opponent is low on MP…
- You can attack with confidence as your opponent is unlikely to perform risky moves.
- Keep the Awakening effect passive for as long as possible without using the Awakening move.
- Or if your opponent does not have much HP, use the Awakening move as quickly as possible.
The Path to Becoming a Master 1
You can ask on forums, wikis, and so on, but the most recommended method is to find and reference videos of the instance.
For example, if you are curious of how to overcome certain skills of the Inquisitor,
search for Ranger VS Inquisitor videos to study what each player does in such situations.
Rather than watching a great number of videos, focus on learning precise new methods for dealing with specific situations!
The Path to Becoming a Master 2
Many people may think that fighting game masters have unique physical capabilities.
Of course, they may have faster hands than the average person,
but if you give them the handicap of not using combos you may see that they still outperform many players.
The reason for this is because masters are very precise in their predictions.
Thus, real strength comes from the ability to correctly predict their opponent’s next move.
When masters are able to block all of your moves, they are most likely predicting your actions,
not reacting after seeing your actions.
Sometimes the goal is to execute an advanced combo,
but predicting your opponent’s actions and knowing what to do based on your predictions is very important as well.